UFO - XCOM Enemy Unknown review

Spil, games og gaming alt om spil til Apple og Mac

UFO - XCOM Enemy Unknown review

Indlægaf DUAF - Apple Forum » 14. nov 2013, 13:16

The base
1) There is no mention of the other ”bases” that you have to move/buy aircrafts for.
Science
1) You only need 1 lab – really you only need 1 lab, I Have no more to research, and i think im like 1/3 of the game in .
1) Why cant I see stats on weapons / armor I research ? – I have to build it first to see it – so a lot of time I waste money on crap (you could in the 1994 version it had stats on all stuff in lab)
Workshops
1) Im not sure if they pay off – and the help text is wrong” Adjacency Bonus: +7% refund on resources used when building vehicles, Foundry projects, and facilities.” -you don’t get 7% off when building new buildings/facilities – you do however get the % rebate on any other gear like weapons, SHIVS and aircrafts.
2) But the way i see it is that I have to buy gear before i could max out workshop’s at 9 squares, witch would cost me (with Expert knowledge) 65+40 from excavating = 945 Best case scenario ! 1530 without expert knowledge… so you need to save 1530 on gear after that A grid of 9 will give you 12 bonuses: 12*7% = 84% reduction in what you pay on gear. But really at that point of the game, do you need that much gear ? – ill try and keep a score on what I save each time I buy. (on a side note you also have savings on Elerium and alloys.
Combat
I used to play the old UFO all 3 of them – and to be honest the 5 megabyte game was PERFECKT – and if you asked me they should just have updated the graphics and kept the game play – now it is 12.000 megabytes that is a 2400 times bigger – and some key features are missing / gone wrong.
2) WHY cant i shoot were i want to ? – my weapons can make holes in buildings and destroy covers, but i cant fire them unless i see ET – WHY ? (you could in the 1994 version)
3) When i blow i hole in the wall i cant walk through it (you could in the 1994 version)
4) When i blow a hole in the wall next to a door sometimes the door also becomes blocked, so you can trap a soldier inside a building – a building that are missing all it walls that is…
5) When i try to target with grenade or rocket, the camera angle keeps shifting sometimes making it near impossible to place a shoot because when the screen moves the mouse is over a new spot and as soon as you move mouse towards target area the camera swings back to original position, and then you can repeat that 5 or 6 times before you finally get the 0.001 inch movement correct. (you could in the 1994 version)
6) Often when i see multi targets I try to get % from different soldiers, and then decide who shoots who, but often the zoom make it so i cant see HP left -.- (and perhaps i don’t want to waste a heavy plasma shoot on a alien with 1 hp left) (you could in the 1994 version)
7) WHY do my men crawl up on a roof, jump down a building exit a door to move 5 spaces outside, the building, or crawl over a truck instead of going through the open space in the cargo area
a. I get spotted by aliens
b. You cant force him to move different that predetermined path to a cover (you could in the 1994 version)
8) Why are the aliens so passive ? if you stand on your landing spot nothing will ever happen (you could NOT do that in the 1994 version)
9) Why oooohhhh why do the aliens get a turn when you first spot them, and or trigger them ( in the 1994 version they just moved around so you did not need this crazy feature.)
10) No friendly fire(unless rocket or grenade), and no chance to hit cluster of aliens if you miss main target (you could in the 1994 version)
11) Really 1 grenade or scope or medkit or arcthrower – no backpack, or pockets ? (you had that in 1994 version were it would then cost time units to take stuff from pocket or backpack)
12) Why take a perfect system with time units as in 1994 version and replace it with much simpler and dumb version were you can only use 2 actions – and every action cost 1 action and if the action is reloading or firing weapon or using med kit it will end your turn
13) Why cant i Run and gun with archthrower ?
14) Why do i hit the aliens weapons every time i shoot and kill but never midfight and why do i ALWAYS hit the weapon on killing blow (in the 1994 version you sometimes hit the weapon and the larger weapon you used the bigger the chance) – But REALLY I ALWAYS DESTROY THE WEAPON upon killing, even when i headshot or shoot in the back ?
15) Why cant i pick up weapons in fight (you could in the 1994 version)
16) No ranged stun, only arch thrower ?
17) What kind of crap ass grenade/rocket can destroy a building but only do 5-6 damage and never critt, when medium gun will do a lot more damage. – Early game don’t stand close in cover or you will die from a grenade – mid-late game hunker up and hope they will throw a grenade instead of killing you with heavy plasma.
The game
1) Why in the name of god cant i name my saved games - and hey we dont tell you we overwrite old games we just do – (or is that a special steam mac feature i get for free ? )
2) I have played for 15 hours now and have had 2 ufo spotting’s only but like 25 terror/ abductions/ others I have 12 satellites…. How do they get to a terror site with out a UFO ?

The good stuff
If you have not played the original game and is not by now annoyed – just from reading about all the bad stuff – you will have a great time- its fun and engaging, and like the original a super good mix of Turnbased FPS and strategic build a base.
Even though there are a lot of stuff I complain about I have used 20 hours+ on the game, and im sure I will attempt to beat it at hard mode.
And yes it totally worth every $ 
Prøv LoL - leagueoflegends Link til LoL - Gratis konto Brug link så får vi begge en lille bonus - kan spilles 100% gratis
Brugeravatar
DUAF - Apple Forum
Administrator

Re: UFO - XCOM Enemy Unknown review

Indlægaf walhellmich » 4. feb 2016, 09:11

Very nice, it makes me understand more.
ดูเบอร์มือถือ
RANDOM_AVATAR
walhellmich

Tilbage til Spil og game